Friday, April 24, 2009

What a Game

Liverpool vs Arsenal at Anfield......What a game

Last year when the two sides met in the Champions league quarterfinals it was a thriller with the game swingin one way and then the other. Liverpool finally won 4-2 sending them into the semis.

With this in mind I sat down to watch the game hoping I don't get the adrenaline rush watching the game last year and the week before when Liverpool drew 4-4 with Chelsea another heart stopper.

The game began and Liverpool were brilliant and created wonderful chances and i was thinkin in my head its only gonna be a matter of time before they score.

Then came the first rush of blood to the head. Some stupid defending and Arshavin scored for Arsenal. At halftime I was still positive that the reds could nick this one.

After halftime Torres and Benayoun scored right away and I was rejoicing. Then came the second rush of blood to the head. Some more sloppy defending and Arshavin scored a beauty.
2-2 and I was still hopeful while all the Manu fans round me were over the moon.

It got worse when some more horrid defending gave ARshavin his Hatrick. Liverpool were trailing 2-3 and the title was slipping away.

Hope. Torres with another beauty made it 3-3. The mood in the room was filled with tension. All the United fans hoping that Arsenal score again and the liverpool fans hoping that we score again.

90 minutes were up and it was still 3-3. From a Liverpool corner Theo Walcott picked up the ball and started sprinting his ass off. Frankie next to me immediately says this is gonna be a goal.

I couldnt believe my eyes as Arshavin scored his fourth of the night. The Manu fans were jumping in joy and I was in depair with hands over my head.

But knowing Liverpool they're fighters and back they came with another goal.
4-4. Incredible.

Thats the way it finished and Although Utd fans were smiling at the end of it. That yet could prove to be a decisive point.

Im sure all the neutrals would have enjoyed it.
YNWA

No comments:

Post a Comment